Membrane Bioreactor (MBR)
Membrane bioreactors (MBR) are an improved form of conventional activated sludge systems, a combination of biological reactors and membrane technology. After biological treatment, solid / liquid separation is carried out using ultrafiltration (UF) or microfiltration (MF) membranes instead of the precipitation pool.
MBRs are particularly suitable for low flow rates, such as hotels and resorts. It is widely used in the recovery of domestic wastewater and is used in many fields in the treatment of industrial wastewater.
*Advanced treatment of domestic and industrial wastewater
* Especially in case of discharge limits to water basins
* Treatment of water containing high pollution
* Irrigation water from wastewater and recovery projects
* Projects where residential area is insufficient for conventional methods
* Projects where wastewater treatment plant is insufficient in capacity increases
* Wastewater recovery in processes with high water consumption
*Ideal leaving water quality with high hygiene standards,
*Low reactor volume,
*Low space requirement,
*Low amount of sludge formed at intermittent periods,
*Higher levels of nitrogen removal.